D-Mannose: For the Elimination of Bladder and Urinary Tract Infection
• Preserves the future effectiveness of life-saving antibiotics
• More effective than cranberries
• Does not interfere with normal blood sugar regulation
• Complements the body’s natural cleansing process
What is D-Mannose?
D-Mannose is a monosaccharide hexose simple sugar, naturally found in some trees, berries and fruits, such as cranberry, and is closely related to glucose. Small amounts of D-Mannose are metabolised by our bodies; more than small amounts are excreted promptly into the urine and it complements the body’s natural cleansing process.
What does D-Mannose do?
D-Mannose attaches to bacteria better than bacteria attaches to human cells in the bladder and urinary tract. When we take a large quantity of D-Mannose, almost all of it spills into the urine through our kidneys, literally coating any bacteria present so they can no longer attach to the inside walls of the bladder and urinary tract. The bacteria is then literally rinsed away with normal urination.
Imbalances of the urinary tract are widespread, and it is estimated that 20 percent of women will experience them. BIOVEA® D-Mannose supports the health of the entire urinary tract: the urethra, bladder, ureter, renal pelvis and the renal parenchyma. D-Mannose nourishes the healthy flora that colonise the membranes of the urinary tract and keep us in balance.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
• Strong, constant urge to urinate
• Sharp pain or burning in the urethra during urination
• Inability to fully empty bladder
• Possible blood in urine
• Soreness in lower abdomen, back, or sides
• Strong, unpleasant urine odor
• Cloudy urine
Always discuss any symptoms you may be experiencing with your health care provider for an accurate diagnosis and treatment.